AAFPRS President Corey Maas, MD, on the Latest Trends in Facial Aesthetics

Posted By American Med Spa Association, Thursday, February 24, 2022

This month, the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) released data from its annual member survey on surgical and nonsurgical aesthetic procedures. In 2021, 83% of member-surgeons saw an increase of approximately 600 procedures performed (40% higher than 2020).

Comparing demand for minimally invasive vs. surgical procedures, 85% of the total number of procedures performed were minimally invasive procedures, and the remaining 15% were surgical procedures.
According to respondents, patients’ top concerns when deciding to undergo facial cosmetic enhancement in 2021 were:

We spoke with Corey Maas, MD, president of the AAFPRS, to learn more about the trends behind this data, the future goals of the AAFPRS and which procedures are bringing new patients to medical cosmetic practices.

Read more at MedEsthetics >>